MEDICARE RESOURCES THROUGH CHOICES
The CT CHOICES programs, an umbrella for three core AAA services (Medicare, Related Insurance Counseling, Information & Referral and Benefit Eligibility Screening), provides free, objective, high-quality, and confidential information, counseling and assistance to older adults and persons with disabilities enabling them to understand and exercise their rights, access and receive benefits to which they are entitled, and make more informed decisions about quality of life issues.
CHOICES is also an excellent resource for individuals who are “New to Medicare”, for example, just turning 65 years old or eligible for Medicare because of a qualifying illness or disability. Trained CHOICES staff can help consumers navigate life’s stages while reducing the stress and confusion.
In addition to our staff at the NCAAA, CHOICES relies upon over 100 trained and certified CHOICES Counselors and Volunteers throughout our 38 towns. Counselors are available to meet with seniors, other Medicare beneficiaries, or their families at a variety of venues such as senior centers or libraries throughout the region. Counselors do not sell insurance.
New CHOICES counselors and volunteers are always welcome. For more information regarding becoming a CHOICES Counselor please contact us.
- CHOICES Counselor Locations
- 2021 Quick guide rev. 3.1.21
- 2021 Quick guide without color rev. 3.1.21
- 2021 Benefits Quick Guide and Supplement Accessible Version rev. 3.1.21
- 2020 CHOICES Open Enrollment Events STATEWIDE
- 2021 CHOICES Enrollment Guide
- CHOICES MediGap Rate and Benefit Chart – 06.09.21 – ENGLISH
- CHOICES MediGap Rate and Benefit Chart – 06.09.21 – SPANISH
- CHOICES MediGap Rate and Benefit Chart – 06.09.21 – FRENCH
- Part D Screening Form – English Fillable
- Part D Screening Form – Spanish Fillable
One of the critical pieces for successful aging is knowing how to access aging resources, programs and services if and when you need them. The Benefits CheckUp program is a fast and easy way to determine your eligibility for public and private programs and services to keep you in the community for as long as possible. Let NCAAA staff work with you on a Benefits CheckUp questionnaire and receive information specifically tailored to meet your aging resource needs.
programs you might be eligible for: